View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2018, 06:18 AM   #1
Findcandor
Vintage Member

Thanked 12,882 Times in 739 Posts
Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+Findcandor 50000+
Default Posts Gone; Wondering Why

Hello,

I joined to give back after appreciating this thread:

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/t11...era-miles.html

I prepared two screen shots apiece from two television shows of the actress (for a total of four photos and two posts), using Postimage (postimg.cc) as the image host, adding one text line for each post to identify the programs the photos were from.

I was surprised that none of the text box functions worked (bold, italic, etc.), but figured perhaps there were restrictions for new members. (Some forums, I know from experience, require a little time to pass before allowing for some privileges.) At any rate, the photos appeared through the BB "IMG" codes, and the posts went through.

I returned to the thread a day later only to discover the posts had disappeared.

I belatedly read the "Sticky: Forum Rules / Banned content / Posting guideline" thread, and didn't come upon any rule that was broken. I'm now reading:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Is the third one the reason why these posts were removed?

If so, I have to express my disappointment. What I prepared took a little time and effort, I acted entirely out of good intentions for the benefit of others, and it's not as though a member can be expected to have awareness of everything (unless one takes the trouble to comb through every regulation, which probably no one would).

At any event, since there was no notice preventing the posting of my photos through the BB method (that is, when I hit the "Submit" button for the posts), the third rule could have been interpreted as the disallowance of attachments in the form of the "insert image" function (that is, by virtue of uploads through the V-E forum, assuming the site permits uploads; I'm too new to know whether it does). The "insert image" function was not available for me, so perhaps that was what "You may not post attachments" was getting at.

Or was there some other reason?

Is it possible to reinstate my posts? They were totally innocuous, and I can't see how they did not perfectly serve the spirit of what the site appears to be about.

Thanks.

Last edited by Findcandor; June 12th, 2018 at 06:29 AM..
Findcandor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Findcandor For This Useful Post: