View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #14
Dvder

Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+Dvder 2500+

Thanks for the tips and review NB. I'll certainly be considering them further for future projects.

One thing I hadn't mentioned about the problematic Scene 1 was that I'd cropped out (almost) all the picture edge tracking noise from what must have originated from (I guess) a VHS tape loaded camera, so the resolution in terms of picture dimension and colour 'bleed' was never going to be top grade, at least with my level of expertise and available time. All I can claim is that to me it looks 'better' than the source file, unwanted video artefacts notwithstanding.

While I did use - after trying out multiple settings - the contrast/brightness and hue/saturation/value filters in VDub for livening up what began as a rather washed out and muddy image, I may try starting with adjusting the histogram setting in a similar situation in the future.

The next bootleg mashup in prep uses 640x480 clips which look to be of fairly even quality, so I'll be careful to see after your comments if upscaling to 540p improves the image quality or makes it worse.

I really appreciate the investment of your time and your suggestions in giving your review. Thanks again.
Dvder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dvder For This Useful Post: