View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #2
Alan DeMoss
Veteran Member

Thanked 114,370 Times in 2,442 Posts
Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+
Default Cyber Chat Feb 8 1999, verbatim

[Donna has a big following on VEF, and some of these questions are really good, so I'm reluctant to edit any of this. The mods can if they wish. - AD]

+++

moderator : Let's welcome Donna Edmondson to this evening's chat!
donnaedmondson : Hi everyone! Sorry I am late! It is nice to be back on the chat line. I had to take my son to the doctor, and he has scarlet fever!
flipsides : Hi Donna.
joeymurphy: Hello.
chipwich : Hi Donna.
babyface69: Hi Donna, how are you?

robert0259 : Donna, how are you this evening?
donnaedmondson :Right now, I am very tired, and it hasn't been the best day! Well, as for this evening, I am now in my car driving my sick son home. He is so tired and quiet!

graydrake : Do you have any new projects in the works?
donnaedmondson : Well, I am going to be at the Atlanta Glamourcon! And I have a new baby, and that is a new project in all! I am just busy with life in general! I'm really not doing anything with Playboy right now, I wanted to do a Revisited, but I hear they stopped doing that for now. So you guys need to get on the ball and let them know that you are interested in seeing some of us older girls. {smiles}

moderator : A few more simple greetings....
lpadilla : Hi, Donna! Glad to have you back with us! Hope your son gets better real soon!
donnaedmondson : Oh that's nice...thank you!
babyface69 : Hi Donna, are you the only, beautiful Donna Edmondson?
donnaedmondson : Well...I don't know of any other Donna Edmondson, but that is very nice!

john1971 : How has your husband handled your Playmate status?
donnaedmondson : He has been very supportive. I think when Playmates get married that they have an understanding that that is a part of my past, and he is very accepting of that and very supportive. Obviously if he is going to watch my three kids while I go to Atlanta, that means he is very supportive. He is so sweet!

robert0259 : Donna, since we are not getting any younger ourselves...we really appreciate "older" natural beauties like you!
babyface69 : My friend's dad never got rid of the 1986 Playboy issue of you; he said you were the best there ever was.
donnaedmondson : Thank you very much! Doesn't Playboy do a feature on women who are 40 and older? That is very sweet! Thank you very much! This must be the ego line, you're boosting my ego. {smiles}
joeymurphy : Yes, they do, and you would be perfect for it.
donnaedmondson : Thank you Joey. {smiles}

babyface69 : Have you posed nude for any magazine or movie lately?
donnaedmondson : No, I haven't since 1987. Playboy was the only magazine that I posed for. I was in two videos -- the Playmate of the Year Centerfold video and Lynne Austin's video. I was on jet skis. It was shot down in the Keys, and the funny thing about it was that I don't even know how to swim.
spacecase : I think you should be Playmate 2000. I love you!!
joeymurphy : That is a shame to deprive us of your beauty.

lestbart : Would you ever consider posing nude again?
donnaedmondson : Well, put in your vote!
joeymurphy : You got mine.
lovemonkey : You got one vote here!
babyface69 : You got a vote here.
donnaedmondson : Well, I thought about it, and Playboy asked me for the Revisited when they were doing them. The first time I had just had a baby, and the second time I was trying to get pregnant. So it has never really been a great time for me. But I would love to!

moderator : There will be a short delay...we were on a cell phone with Donna while she was driving home from the doctor's office. She has now arrived home and will be calling us back as soon as she gets inside her home. Sorry for the delay! There are LOTS of great questions! Keep 'em coming!
babyface69 : Let me tell you a true story, when I was in pre-teens in 1986. My friend and I would sneak in his dad's bedroom and look at the Playboy magazine. When I saw your picture, I fell in love with your beauty. My friend and I would call you Venus, the goddess of beauty. I do have the magazine with me, and it's my most prized possession.
donnaedmondson : Wow, well, I am very honored to be compared with a god. That is very nice. Thank you! Actually, you call my husband in about ten years and remind him. {laughs}

pbcollector : You are still very young, you would still blow away most of the girls today. A 33-year-old Donna Edmondson would still win PMOY in any year.
donnaedmondson : Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

lpadilla : Which of your Playboy pictures is your favorite? The least favorite?
donnaedmondson : I really like the one that was in my PMOY pictorial that is all face shots. I think I like those the best. it really reflects my personality. I don't have a least favorite picture. I think Playboy does a great job. I did have a Polaroid once that I really hated. They taped cardboard to my back to hold the dress in place. It was unbelievable!

spacecase : Do you log onto the Net? And maybe have email?
donnaedmondson : I don't have an email address. You can write to me at Playmate Promotions. But also keep in mind that I will be in Atlanta in March. I am currently working on getting my marketplace added to my Personal Page. So I will have a P.O. Box soon! Look for my update soon!

lovemonkey : Any plans for Valentine's Day?
donnaedmondson : Hopefully a nice quiet dinner out with my husband! My favorite food is still pasta and fish! I love getting salmon and pasta on the side.
robert0259 : Donna, somehow I can't see you slaving over a hot stove...are you a good cook?
donnaedmondson : {laughs} Yes I am, thank you very much! I love to cook Southern food. I make all that heart-stopping food, ya know all that high cholesterol food. Everything usually has a whole stick butter! My husband always yells at me about making this, he's always like, Where is the salad? {laughs}

robstewart : How many children do you have?
donnaedmondson : I just had my third child, and I am done. My youngest is five months old. I used to say I wanted six kids, but three are just perfect!

m_henderson : Is the scarlet fever something they can treat in a doctor's office?
donnaedmondson : Well, they gave him some antibiotics so I wouldn't have to go to the drugstore. Then a prescription to be filled in the morning. Hopefully that will give him an appetite, and he will eat something tomorrow. When your kids are sick it is the worst feeling, you feel so helpless!

chipwich : Playboy doesn't sell your PMOY video anymore. Why is that?
donnaedmondson : You can't get it anymore, I can't even get a copy of it myself. I only have four copies, and I would be happy to sell one of them. Look for it on my upcoming marketplace.

lpadilla : If you had your experiences as PMOM and PMOY to do over, what would you do differently?
donnaedmondson : I would probably take more pictures. I wish I would have taken a camera with me when I was traveling, especially when I was in Japan. When I was on the plane going to Japan, David Lee Roth was on the plane, and of course I didn't have my camera with me. I was with two other Playmates.

john1971 : Is it awkward to sign nude photos of yourself at events like Glamourcon?
donnaedmondson : No, it really is not. I don't think I could have ever posed if I didn't agree with what I was doing. It is a very special part of my life, and I would do it all over again!

pbcollector : I see you're not on the list to attend the Chicago Glamourcon, is there a chance you will make it to the Chicago show?
donnaedmondson : No. I don't like to fly, and that is the reason why I am going to Atlanta so I can drive. I hope to get over this flying thing!

chipwich : Are you still in real estate?
donnaedmondson : No, I keep my license active but I am not actively selling. I am actively mothering! {smiles}

robert0259 : Donna, do you ever get tired of "virgin Playmate" questions?
donnaedmondson : Well, it really isn't true anymore, so I think they can get rid of that question! {laughs}

m_henderson : Which of your "shoots" was the most fun? The train?
donnaedmondson : Let me think.... The trampoline was the most fun in the video shoot. I had a great time doing that. It was great exercise. I liked not having to stand in the same pose. That is very uncomfortable. It is very hard to stand there for hours on end.

joeymurphy : How do you stay in shape?
donnaedmondson : I walk regularly. I try to do aerobics every now and then. I did get a video for Christmas that I like. It's called "The Grind." {laughs}

babyface69 : Are you good friends with any Playmates?
donnaedmondson : Well, I know several Playmates from over the years. We do keep in touch with cards. I think you usually make the best of friends with the girls whom you pose with in the same year. It's hard because I am in North Carolina, so I really don't know a lot of the newer girls.
moderator : We have about 15 minutes left with Donna this evening. Get your final questions and your goodbyes in!

john1971 : Do you prefer the photos of you from the front or the back more?
donnaedmondson : The front. I like when you can see someone's face. I think you can see their personality more.

john1971 : How did your hometown react toward your becoming a Playmate?
donnaedmondson : Initially, they were very shocked. I'm in the Bible Belt. The Meese Commission at that time was banning all Playboys in 7-Elevens in the South. I think that was one of the reasons I was chosen, because I was from the South. The people and town were very conservative. I wasn't treated badly in a personal way, though.

wil : Hi, Donna. Will you have any new photos printed up to sell at Glamourcon next month?
donnaedmondson : I don't know at this moment. I just got a promo head shot from L.A. Promotions that I had never seen. I will have that to sell, along with some preexisting pictures that fans haven't seen.

robert0259 : Donna, what do you do for fun?
donnaedmondson : I sit! {laughs} I talk on the Playboy chat line! {laughs} I really look forward to my free, quiet time.

john1971 : When do you think will be an appropriate age for your children to see your Playmate photos?
donnaedmondson : Well, that is a very good question. My husband I just talked about that! My son is six, and I'm sure he will find out through his friends. When the time is right, we will sit down and talk to him. You know when you are 20 and posing, you just don't think about, "What am I going to tell my children someday." I will just explain to them that I am their mommy, and this is what I did before I was their mommy!

john4044 : Donna, what were you thinking of when posing?
donnaedmondson : Probably food or something. I probably didn't eat that day. I had never modeled before, so I was concentrating on doing a really great job!

john1971 : Donna, how long did it take to shoot your Centerfold? Were you happy with how it turned out?
donnaedmondson : I think they did that in a couple of days. It was really fast. It was the first time that I had my makeup done professionally. It was quite an experience. Everybody was very professional and very nice. After the first shoot, I sort of got my hopes up that it wasn't going to be that bad, because the first shoot went so well. The rest of my pictorial was a lot of work. It is hard to believe that it was 12 years ago, it seems like yesterday!

robert0259 : Donna, if I wanted to take my vacation in North Carolina...what sites would you recommend?
donnaedmondson : Bald Head Island. They don't allow cars on the island. Everything is on golf cars, no traffic lights! It kinda takes away the stress. It is very nice! You can take a ferry over from Southport!
bobafett : Why is it called Bald Head Island?
donnaedmondson : {laughs} I don't know, maybe my dad invented it! {laughs} My dad says grass doesn't grow in a busy street!
moderator : We will have three more questions for Donna tonight.

wil : Do you ever run into Playmate Marlene Janssen in Greensboro?
donnaedmondson : Yes, I do. Actually one of her friends called me for her 40th birthday, and I couldn't go, because I had just had my child. A couple of years ago for the Chicago Glamourcon, we traveled together! So I see her every so often. She is very nice!

pbcollector : Has the scar on your chin faded away yet? In your video you point out Playmates aren't perfect, you're pretty damn close then. :-)
donnaedmondson : No, I wish my scar would fade away. I think it has gotten bigger as I have gotten older. I think your skin loses elasticity as you age. I think by the time I'm 80 it might be down by my chin. {laughs}

robert0259 : Did we help ease your pain with this chat?
donnaedmondson : Yes! Like I said, it is very relaxing to do. It is nice to hear that you are still interested in us older Playmates. I appreciate it very much. It is very flattering. Goodbye everyone! Thanks so much for your support over the years. Remember Playboy wouldn't be Playboy without the fans.

pbcollector : There hasn't been a repeat Playmate since Janet Pilgrim, and her last Centerfold was in 1956. I believe you should be a repeat Playmate, I know this is only a dream, but if Hef wanted to make someone else a repeat Playmate, I wish it will be you. I hope you get over your fear too, the Chicago shows are the only shows I get to attend. :-( We have asked other Playmates this children question, and every one of them whose children know, are very proud of their mothers or really don't care. I'm sure your children will be proud. Me and Marlene are email buddies, if you see her tell her Joe said hi -- she will flip. Thanks for chatting tonight, you are truly one of the all-time greats.
chipwich : You don't need to give up your copies! I have two myself. Bye Donna, and Happy Birthday!
robert0259: Donna, take care of yourself...please chat again!
graydrake : Donna, I'll be glad to drive you to Chicago. Goodbye Donna, it was nice chatting with you, and I hope you change your mind about coming to Chicago this May.
babyface69 : I would pick you the best Playmate there was over Pamela Lee and Jenny McCarthy!
spacecase : Well thank you for taking time to chat! And PLEASE get an email address so we can write you! Kiss kiss kiss!
lpadilla : Thanks for coming by, Donna!
wil : I just flew back from the L.A. Glamourcon this morning, and now I can hardly wait to head for Atlanta. Needless to say, you will be one of the stars of the show. See you (and Marlene!) there, I hope!
john1971 : Goodbye Donna. I'll write Playboy and tell them to start up the Revisiteds again, and to feature Donna Edmondson in the first one.
john4044 : Donna, thanks for your time. Please take care of yourself.

donnaedmondson : Thanks again! I will post my video on my site on my upcoming marketplace, and I will take bids for the videos. See you all at Glamourcon! {waves, winks, kisses and hugs} Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
moderator : Thank you for attending this evening's chat! So many great questions too! Let's head to the E-Lobby....
Alan DeMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Alan DeMoss For This Useful Post: