View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Greenman
Live Legend of VEF

Thanked 383,520 Times in 19,356 Posts
Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+

Whoo hoo go David, what a bout, I listened in on Radio5Live last night and was with him all the way-most of the pre-fight commentary was ruined by that arch arse Steve 'cockney' Bunce-his voice grated on me several times as he got more and more animated-what a shame that this fight wasn't on terrestrial tv like the BBC or dare I say it ITV1. Either way I yelled out hooray when they awarded the bout and the World title to Haye. That MC Michael someone or other from America must be raking it in with his "LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBBBBLE" yell

So the postmen are back and Christmas postings are saved for now-nice of them to sort it out at last-but how long will it hold? Would be nice if they lowered the price of first class stamps for once but I fear another price increase next April.

Finally today is Remembrance Sunday-the day we give thanks to those brave men and women that gave their lives in two World Wars and later campaigns including the Falklands, Gulf and Afghanistan. "Wear your poppy with pride" is the motto of the Royal British Legion and that is exactly what I did this week and last-Don't forget to stop whatever you are doing for just two minutes on Wednesday morning at 11am-known as Armistice Day, on the guns fell silent at the eleventh hour, on the eleventh day, of the eleventh month 11/11/11 if you like. It shows you care and we must NEVER EVER FORGET-as the line goes in the popular poem "At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we WILL remember them."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20,000: Milestone reached!
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Greenman For This Useful Post: