View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #16
Lurkio

Thanked 1,579 Times in 116 Posts
Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+Lurkio 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane View Post
Funny how in england if you say you love Benny Hill your looked upon as an old sexist dinosaur ,they never show his stuff on tv anymore ,the last time i saw him was in "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" yet in europe it seems every country have show's based on his type of humour ,women in short skirts on surf boards (like those mech bulls) trying to stay on , women running over assault coarses with strapless bathing suites ,girl's having their skirt's ripped off , check out SEXY CAM on paramount 2 in europe all members of the family love it ,in the UK they would be protesting in the street's.

Great posts keep them coming.
P.s when i was younger i thought there was more nudity than that but i guess i was wrong.
You may have a point, but as I remember, Benny was ousted by the BBC because he was considering working for ITV ("how dare he !"). Then ITV went through a political correctness phase and, without warning, just dropped him (he never forgave them, or the BBC for that matter). Ironically this happened about the same time as Channel 5 was getting a name for being more risque.

It has been noted that for many years, his talents (and repeats) have been more appreciated overseas, than in his home country.

RIP Benny, it'll be a long time before you are forgotten.
Speaking as a regular lurker, without the hard work of others, I would be nothing and thank you a thousand times. Much is owed by many to the few - even a lurker can hit 'Thanks'. Full credit goes to the original scanner/capper for anything I post.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lurkio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lurkio For This Useful Post: