View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #12
lynnfan

lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+lynnfan 500+
Default Maggie Stredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl123 View Post
OMG! They were a real group?! I honestly thought it was just a few of his girls who could carry a bit of a tune. No idea they were "real" so to speak.
VERY interesting about the Dr. Who episode. I have all of the Tom Baker, ( The BEST Doctor) ,Dr. Who episodes on VHS tape having recorded them off the local PBS station when they aired
in the mid 1980's.

Oh yes, back to the girls, Yes,yes, the tall one with the goofy glasses. Just something interesting about her. Not ravishing nor especially sexy, but something interesting. Could have
been a mannerism, etc. , too long ago.

I DO thank you ever so much for finding that information, Sir. Very considerate of you. I have bookmarked it & will go through it sometime.

Much Appreciated.

Al
That's Maggie Stredder, lead singer with the Ladybirds trio who backed Benny on most of his shows; I liked her as well, there was something about those glasses and she had a lovely smile. In fact she sang a duet with Benny on the single 'Those Days' in the mid-sixties.
lynnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lynnfan For This Useful Post: