View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #6
ConstantOgler
Vintage Member

Location: Outskirts of Goosebump City, near the BusbyBerkeleyBakery
Thanked 8,842 Times in 754 Posts
ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+ConstantOgler 25000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammler View Post
And to give you an idea of how bad the paper quality of this magazine is: You can see the bleed through from the next page with your naked eye from any angle. You don't need to shine a light on it.
This is counter-intuitive, maybe futile, and never tried it myself. (I use black matte paper as found in some page protectors.) If the bleed is obvious to naked eye, even with backing, the scanner bulb can only make it worse, being an intense, brilliant light.
I would try to find a way to reduce the intensity of that light, see what results. I don't know of any scan s/w or hardware trick that would do this, haven't looked. Next would be put a partly opaque sheet (eg page protector) in front of subject. Will reduce quality of scan, but in what way? If too much detail is lost, nothing gained, but eliminating some detail when the scanner is intent on capturing it all is the purpose. Other effects maybe fixed in editor. ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do PM me on any dead links, loading fails, or other issues with host. It will be fixed!
ConstantOgler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ConstantOgler For This Useful Post: