View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #15
effCup
Vintage Idiot

Thanked 189,246 Times in 15,571 Posts
effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+effCup 750000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by haVEFun here View Post
I am facing the same problems

for a) I use a matt black paper with a black cover book on the magazine page and still there is `color bleed through´ or `text bleed through` so the problem is less but not solved, i am still looking for a good solution, see also the post by member deepsepia (substract).
I read it, but kinda dreaded having to try it. Have you had any success with that clever (or "clever"?) idea?

Quote:
for b) if Your software has a `clone`tool provided you can mark a start spot near the edge of one page that you need to join (with my software it is ctrl and left mouse button) then start to join 2 page edges and by pressing and holding the left mosue button you draw a line over the to join pages, then there is a only a hard to see seam left to see.
OK, so you're "filling" the "gap" with a clone of the pixel column(s)/row(s) immediately adjacent to it. I've used such cloning to "fill" the edges of a scan where it's a bit uneven, but had been reluctant to try such "tricks" in the middle of an image, where I'd have thought it would be more apparent/obvious.

Quote:
for d) I do use the clone tool for all repair, time consuming but to me that gives the best result and importantly, it does the least affect to the originality
OK, I was dreading that. As a graphics app. newbie I find it's terribly slow/tedious work.

Quote:
i could give a try to Your images also, then send me a PM, i may not respond immediately but will do ASAP
That's an extraordinarily kind offer, but I must rudely refuse as it's not a long-term solution--I need to learn how to solve this problem myself, as there's lots more scans...
effCup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to effCup For This Useful Post: