View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #4
jaguar69er

Thanked 2,956 Times in 144 Posts
jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+jaguar69er 10000+

Brilliant advice NIN , used your great wording and good points from the sale of goods act 1979, now I too have just had a paypal refund for 2 months of prem access to filesonic. Very surprised it went through so quickly and hassle free. Hopefully everyone else that had subs left can get refunds as easily.

I must say, I did know that Filesonic was not prefered as a host due to some difficulties downloading (or major hassles, depending where you are based), but i never realised just how vehemently most detested it.
I actually found download speeds quite good, but only if you had prem access. Sure i too had some errors too, but in the whole it worked ok for me. I never knew the extent that people could not use links, or how detested it was on mass.

I am generally new to uploading files, and 'just went along' with what seemed to be the most popular host i saw used here on VEF when i joined. This was Filesonic at the time, and having seen a banner endorsing it on this very forum, I signed up.
I have no agenda to make any money from links at all, and have found the dicussion and debate a real eye opener into the use and to the extent that many Filesonic uploaders went to create a return.
At first i had no idea what affiliation account means, and still dont really. Literally the few cents for downloads these 'earned' for which i have declined to accept (by returning via paypal) is really not a method worth being used to make any money from for most of us, and nor would I want to.
I simply used it as I found it an ok download / upload speed host, and didn't have to many issues with use. I knew how long I had unlimited access until, and that was it.

I used to use RS, but i just don't understand there premuim purchasing system, with rapids, rapid pro, access until this date or usage limits etc. It too is a great speed for premium and free users, but couldnt get my head round how it worked.

I too have noticed the massive increase in the use Oron as a host, but here in the UK, I have not been able to download a single file from it, so have steered well clear of it. I had no idea this too is a 'rewards' focussed host.

I guess I was a little niave at the scope and how widespread that the 'payout' host had become; until now!! For this, I have to apolagise to you all.

With the MU saga, and now FS, I have learned a great many things.
I have, and will, follow all the news on this very closely, for I fear for the future of forums and free use of the internet for all. This truly is a transitional and key stage in the future of the internet.

I hope that in some form we are all able to continue doing what we enjoy doing here, be that in some other way of sharing - if evolution needs to take place -, but at the moment all I can see is a dark time for freedom of speech and use of the net.

Power should and always be and remain with the people, and not governments or legislation from which the few decide how to affect the mass, the global protests proved that, but will the protests be enough to ride or delay the change that is inevitably coming?

Last edited by jaguar69er; January 27th, 2012 at 04:42 PM..
jaguar69er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to jaguar69er For This Useful Post: