View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:36 AM   #11
DubSalute
Blocked!

Thanked 40,894 Times in 3,185 Posts
DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+DubSalute 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
I have read your message and noticed bold underlined text that is probably links to screenshots which illustrate your point. However in my browser window it is just plain text. No thumbs either.
Hi Dem, sorry for the confusion i wanted to highlight certain parts of the text and did this by underlining it so they are no links just plain text, updated the previous post above to make it more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
On the kukaracha post i alluded to earlier there was a properly working link to some filehosting site called giga(something). There the file had been deleted but the link in the thread worked. In other threads there were textual descriptions of the post but no visible link or url. Would welcome any thoughts on the subject.
The filehost probably was GigaSize.com, filehosts have a policy that when a file is not downloaded for a longer period of time it gets deleted for Rapidshare this is 90 days so older posts have links to files that are no longer there. Same with the reply's some posts get removed when the links don't work anymore then also the posts responding to these removed posts are also no longer relavent and should have been removed but thats not always the case as you noticed.

All comes down to age, uploads and posts are here when they are still here best to aknowledge that fact and look what is still up at the moment. When you find something that you have been looking a long time for and it is now gone you can ask in that thread if somebody is willing to post it again but you shouldn't do that oft, thats mostly not appriciated to much. There are appointed places where you can posts requests more freely. You will find that out.

BTW nice to meet a other Avast user, best AV program there is IMO and free .

Take care, Dub.
DubSalute is offline   Reply With Quote