View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #1
moogfooger
Vintage Member

Thanked 29,238 Times in 464 Posts
moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+moogfooger 100000+
Default Just started scanning but something odd keeps happening every now and then

I finally got around to buying a scanner which I'd hope would be good enough to scan some mags with (unlike the one on my old printer), however, after scanning several pages a few of them have this thin line (approx 1 pixel wide) running down the entire page, which is roughly the same distance from the side of the page (710-720 pixels) in every scan which it appears.

It's odd, as it only appears in around half the pages that I've scanned, so far, but even if I rescan the pages where the line appears it still shows up no matter how many times I re-scan. I'm wondering if I either have a faulty scanner, or is this something that I could perhaps eliminate with the settings? Currently, I only have de-screening selected.

I've uploaded most of the pics I scanned (both with and without the line) for evaluation if anyone could please take a look? The line is very thin so you need to look very closely to spot it and, also, the line varies between the left and right side of page due to me flipping the magazine whilst scanning it. Also, I've included a scan of a mostly black book cover, where the line only appears on the coloured sections (you'll see what I mean) if that helps at all?

Finally, the line seems to be be more frequent the more I've used the scanner, the last 7 pics all have it, so I'm really thinking it's a dead pixel on the reader, but would love to hear from someone with more experience than me, if possible.

moogfooger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to moogfooger For This Useful Post: