Thread: The 13th Doctor
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2017, 05:21 PM   #29
pierrelm
Vintage Member

Thanked 72,920 Times in 5,422 Posts
pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by m100 View Post
well he'll probably be next - unless he cops for james bond. Whenever the new one leaves we're also going to get cries of 'oh she didn't get as long as .....'.
DON'T!!! I hope I'm not -ist in any way shape or form, thought being subjective, I do have my own preferences. But when it comes to well established characters, leave well alone. Bond is a white British male. If people want to have a series or film about whatever gender/creed/dietary/ethnicity or sexual preference person they prefer to absorb themselves in then write it, cast it act it, and if it's any good then I'll probably watch it along with 1,000's of others.

I still hold the BBC in contempt for abandoning 'ZEN' which I thought was a really good, Italian based cop show, which lasted precisely 3 episodes. The commissioning editor dropped it because it was 'another middle age/class white detective'. Like a lot of real detectives, across europe? It was a good programme.
Meanwhile, Idris Elba's 'Lucifer', which was produced as part of the same trial run was given a couple of series, presumably then, because he's not white..? Patronising, condescending nonsense. Leave gender/colour etc out of it, just make good drama.
And I really, really, really don't care about the sexual preferences of characters, celebrities etc. unless it is essential for character or plot development. Once they are onscreen either they are good actors or not. Good luck to the lass concerned. Mind you, if she's from Yorkshire, the viewing figures across the pennines'll waver...
pierrelm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pierrelm For This Useful Post: