View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:06 AM   #1
slave1

slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+slave1 1000+
Default Downloading videos that plays through JW player

Hey all,

I am on this website and they use the JWplayer to stream their videos. I found the work around which is disable the flash shockwave in the plugin manager. This switches the player from using Flash to HTML5 and allows all the video download plugins I have, either in FF or Chrome, to grab the video and download it.

The problem is that for older videos they use an older version of the JW player and if the shockwave plugin is disabled the player doesn't show at all, and thus I can't play back the file.

I've searched high and low and I can't seem to find a solution. I remember using a software several years ago that would act as a browser and so would let you log on to the website through and monitor the network traffic and let you download the stream....but alas I can't recall the name of that software.

I seem to recall that in the early days of Hulu it was widely used because it would allow to folks to download videos from it.

Any help would be great, thanks!
slave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slave1 For This Useful Post: