View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #6
mitch345

Thanked 1,817 Times in 101 Posts
mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+mitch345 5000+

This is something that really annoys me as well. And I totally agree that many scenes can be absolutely ruined by the lead actress' no-nudity clause which makes suspension of disbelief impossible, as you can see the actress caring more about making sure her nipples aren't exposed than actually delivering her lines. As an actress, how can anyone justify their character, in post-coital glow, worrying about hiding her boobs from the character she has just (supposedly) made mad, passionate love to. It's ridiculous.

Roxanne Pallett and, to a degree, Nikki Sanderson, have set a new standard for all soap starlets out there. Just like Anna Friel, I hope these girls continue to take on more and more roles that require nudity. Of course we all want that nudity to be as explicit and prolonged as possible, and that is no bad thing as the earlier quoted examples of Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon quite rightly shows.

I still remember the excitement of buying a DVD-only special extended episode of Brookside many years thinking it would have Claire Sweeney topless. The disappointment still haunts me. Suranne Jones playing a sex therapist in a series full of sex and nudity, but not showing her own boobs is a complete insult to viewers everywhere. In fact any film or TV series that has nudity from extras but not the lead actress(es) should be ashamed of itself.

Hollyoaks, a show built on beautiful people in skimpy clothes being promiscuous, has been a terrible offender by offering many late night specials where the content is no different from the early evening show, but for the odd swear word. It's time for us Brits to adopt a more sensible, casual approach to nudity and stop ruining good scenes with prudish behaviour.
mitch345 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mitch345 For This Useful Post: