View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 01:37 AM   #12
hope36c

Thanked 3,883 Times in 142 Posts
hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+hope36c 10000+
Default Stolen Valor: Bob Veze

I have been working on Fred Enke's biography for four years and during my research I have gathered a number of tidbits along the way and one has been this 'Bob Veze' enigma. I will mention some information I have found but will try to be discreet as possible since I rather post the bio in full rather than in parts.

Fred Enke died February 25, 1977 from a rare genetic disorder. He was known to use the pseudonyms Olivia, as well as his own name.There was a reason to this but will be explained in his bio. The pseudo Olivia was based on the name of the model he was living with from 1975 to his death.

I have discovered through my research that Enke's work was used after he had passed by others for financial gain. I call this "Stolen Valor". It should be noted that Enke's work was considered by these individuals to be so above par that they put their own name to it as the artist. One was Nat Fisch. Fisch was actually Enke's agent who had privy to his work.

Enke's earlier work from his days at CLUB magazine 1974 -76 was published in 1977 in a number of American magazines, i.e. Nugget and Stag, as well as Canadian Elite giving credit to the following bylines; QUARK, QUARK Graphics, Bob Veze - QUARK Graphics. I am confused because is this the same photographer who submitted work under his own name Bob Veze? If it is, how was he able to obtain Enke's work? According to Seduction of Venus by Bill Hedley, there is a photographer named Bob Veze who studied painting and graphic design at Kent State University, Ohio, and then studied film at the University of Southern California. He worked for a number of advertising agencies doing photography and graphic design including a stint as graphics consultant for Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas. There is a Bob Veze listed in the IMDb directing some movies but died in 2008. Veze was the boyfriend of Laurie Smith, adult movie star from the 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripchord View Post
CLUB USA FEB 1976 Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripchord View Post
STAG APRIL 1977

Examples of The Sensuous Bathtub: Bob Veze - QUARK Graphics submissions. This was from Enke's pictorials Last Straw: Men Only 41_01 and Be-Troughed: CLUB USA FEB 1976.

Enke's work was not the only one stolen. Siwer Ohlsson, photographer for RUSTLER magazine in the early seventies, had his work plagiarized, also. In RUSTLER, a pictorial by Ohlsson titled Unbridled Lust was featured in CAVALIER MAR 1979 under the name A Pony Tale. This was allegedly done by Bob Veze. The only difference is Ohlsson is still alive and doing photography. Perhaps he has yet to notice the plagiarism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattertim View Post
Unbridled Lust from Rustler 03/11 (1979)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripchord View Post
A Pony Tale: Cavalier MAR 1979

I'm sure I will discover more as I go along but I can say for sure, Barry Vincent is not aka Bob Veze.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hope36c; February 11th, 2016 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Research validated plagiarism
hope36c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to hope36c For This Useful Post: