View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #29
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+Johnny Bravo 2500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joules View Post
Not really. The quality of the scanner's mechanical ability to copy different scanable media does. This good, but old, review shows how much different models of scanner can deviate in their resulting scans (see page 7 of the review for magazine scan results). The scanning software can have some bearing.

I don't have any comparisons to show but the difference between scans from my Epson Perfection 3200 Photo and CanonScan LiDe 50 is noticeable enough that the former is better at scanning pages. Despite that I use the CanonScan LiDe 50 to do the donkey work of my scans due it's very long bulb life by using LEDs isntead of a fluoresent tube. The Epson scanner gets used only for professional work.
Thanks for that. I ask only because on an old win98 laptop I have, the scans looked much smoother and I didn't need descreen. Unfortunately, I had a drive crash on that and can't get the scanner to reinstall, no matter what. No power and the Mustek has no external PSU.
Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Bravo For This Useful Post: