View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:57 PM   #17
blueballsdc
Vintage Member

Thanked 21,428 Times in 1,713 Posts
blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+blueballsdc 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9876543210 View Post
Think I'll have to disagree here a bit. Gov. Ultrasound (McDonnell) has really ticked off a lot of women in Virginia with his abortion stances. Remember last year when he wanted to require all women wanting an abortion to first have a vaginal ultrasound prior to the abortion? He only changed his mind (very grudgingly) when it was pointed out to him that this could be considered as rape! Even with that argument he still wanted to go ahead with the law.

Rachel Maddow had a field day with Gov. Ultrasound:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...nd-probes?lite

I think he'll have real problems with the female vote and don't think he'll have much of a chance.
My friend, you forget that people have very short memories. His views were well known before the election (along with Ken Cuccinelli who is even worse) yet lots of women voted for him for governor. A lot of women supported him through the ultrasound nonsense and continue to support him now. If he spends the next couple of years campaigning, as I believe he will, people will forget (or ignore) what he has said and done before.

Of course, a lot will depend upon who else decides to run. I expect Rick Perry will throw his hat in the ring again (and probably miss) along with Paul Ryan. Marco Rubio is clearly being groomed for bigger and better things, although he may choose to wait a few years longer. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Ted Cruz may try his hand at a presidential campaign.
blueballsdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blueballsdc For This Useful Post: