View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:56 PM   #21383
pierrelm
Vintage Member

Thanked 72,909 Times in 5,422 Posts
pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+pierrelm 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by m100 View Post
And breathe Hart's not even on stand by

England World cup squad

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

Stand-by: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski, Lewis Cook, Jake Livemore and Adam Lallana.
I hope Pope gets at least one game before the tournament - unlikely to be first choice, I think Pickford will get the nod, I do hope he doesn't twat about with the ball at his feet too much - Stones is liability enough at that for any one side, let alone having the keeper playing silly buggers. And the defenders can't afford to let him out of the six yard box at set pieces, they'll need to sort it for him.

Damn, but our midfield looks paper-thin. Alli has rediscovered some form - I wish Dier would - he always looks like he has a mistake in him. I really like the inconsistent Loftus Cheek, but Lallana must be really knacked, otherwise he'd have walked into that collection.

I hope our central defenders get their act sorted? I wonder if there will be a temptation to try Stones, Walker and maybe Delph together. Cahill is very lucky to be included. Rashford has been woefully short of form and confidence for the last few months - goodness, I'm so looking forward to it already.

Oh, and Lampard and nothing-to-say-gobshite Ferdinand joining Shearer and the eternally dull Phil Neville as BBC pundits? Watch telly, turn on the radio...
pierrelm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pierrelm For This Useful Post: