View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM   #26
GallifreyMan

Thanked 1,863 Times in 155 Posts
GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+GallifreyMan 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallifreyMan View Post
Bob Monkhouse WASN'T, as you say, a "kleptomaniac", but a genuine, legitimate collector of film and tv. I recommend you read a copy of his autobiography "Crying With Laughter". At one time,Mr. Monkhouse had one of the largest film collections in the world. FACT!

I also saw the documentary on him. He was always one of my fave tv personalities, and is sadly missed.

One thing that maybe of interest, is that, did you know, he provided voices in the 1966 film "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO." He provided the voice of Zero X navigator Brad Newman and also the voice of the compere in the Swinging Star nightclub (Alan Tracy's dream sequence.)
Another thing that maybe of interest, in connection with the Supermarionation shows of the 60's, is that the 1967 Christmas edition of "The Golden Shot", which Bob hosted, had "Captain Scarlet" as the shows' theme. Targets representing the Angel Interceptors, the Mysteron City, etc. The hostesses (Anne Aston & Carol Dilworth) were dressed in Angel pilot uniforms, and the pop group, The Spectrum (who provided the classic full vocal version of the closing credits theme song to the series) provided the music, dressed in their Spectrum Captain uniforms.
This was a live show, and sadly, no copies of it on videotape (or any other recording medium) exist.
GallifreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GallifreyMan For This Useful Post: