Thread: Useful Programs
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2018, 04:52 PM   #285
halvar
Blocked!

Thanked 32,801 Times in 1,955 Posts
halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+
Default imgding - very simple image grabber addon for firefox quantum

I created a very simple image grabber for firefox quantum using the new webextensions-api.
  • The webextensions-api does not allow access to the filesystem. So it is not possible to open a "Save as"-Dialog and save the downloaded images anywhere you like. The files must got to the configured Download-folder or a subfolder of it.
  • All image downloads are added to the default Firefox download queue. This means they are visible in the "Show Downloads" dialog. Currently every single image is listed there. Perhaps I will add a zip-file option so that only one download appears.
  • This also means that Firefox will ask you where to save for each image if you have Firefox configured to always ask where to save files.
  • Currently only imgbox, imagebam, imagevenue, pimpandhost and pixhost are supported.

I recommend open single post view to download images.

How to install
0) download it from here: https://1fichier.com/?bntihkhs0s (new version) (10KB)
1) Open the addon page

2)Install Add-on from file

3) select the file you downloaded

4) confirm permissions. This sounds dangerous, but actually its not. Trust me on this

5) done. It should look like this:

How to use
0) Open the post you want to download
1) Click on the id-icon

2) The popup opens.
It only has two buttons: "Ding!" to start the Download and "Clear Log" to clear the log. The folder name is optional. If supplied a sub-folder with that name is created for the images. If no name is supplied, the current date and time is used for the name.

3) After Click on the Ding! Button log entries appear and the downloads are listed in the download dialog.

4) the images are in a subfolder of 'imgding' in the default download folder
with a specified folder name:

with default folder name:

Attention: Set a default download folder
If you have "Always ask where to save files" activated then Firefox will ask you for every image where to save it. If the post contains 100 images, it will ask a 100 times.

Future Plans
As always, creating a first prototype is fun and challenging, but now comes the boring stuff: fixing errors, improve usability, make a nice ui, etc.
I will gradually improve it, but it will never be as sophisticated as the original IHG.
Drop me a line if you encounter a problem or have any suggestions.

Last edited by halvar; June 20th, 2018 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: pixhost is also supported, changed link to new version
halvar is offline   Reply With Quote