View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2018, 11:06 PM   #30
SoIGotTheGroov

SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+

SO I've received the W10 refurb pc yestarday. Very fast machine, but I've done something really stupid: I've installed the 7 disk with the vista partition and... I've deleted the Vista partition... where were the BOOTMGR files... Yep, you all guess what happened

I was fortunate enough to have made a backup on the W10 HDD, the important files. So I started the reinstall with CD, and again you all guess what happened: no GPT disk ? no installation !

So back to W10 to do all the blah blah blah with Diskpart, the bonus point is that I got a fresh formated disk with more space than before (say 15/20 GB), but some times lost here.

Today I've tweaked both OS, and I'm very content to see W10 is way more efficient than 7, the Federico Dossena website is definitely the way to go !

It took me some hours of course, but it's worth it. I had a MS update too on W10, no problem, cos' now with everything tweaked I can decide all by myself to install ANY update.

I guess I'll try again my daws and plugins on W10, maybe they'll be able to run well now with a 1803 version..?
SoIGotTheGroov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoIGotTheGroov For This Useful Post: