View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #26
i-Chop
Vintage Member

Thanked 14,537 Times in 498 Posts
i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+i-Chop 50000+

I want to remember the models as they were -- in their prime, young, in good health, and at a time long before personal problems or life choices (abusive relationship, drug abuse, prostitution, getting HIV from being too sexually active, etc.) or circumstances beyond their control got in the way that lead to their premature deaths. So yes, there are models I still appreciate to this day, no matter how much time has passed and if they're physically here with us or not. Marilyn Monroe's famous nude still gets a lot view time for me, and it's nearly 60 years old!

There are some exceptions, of course. There are deceased models here and there that I never cared too much for, despite their popularity. And their daily, lurid tabloid headlines did very little in the way of furthering my interest in them. I passed over them when they were alive and even more so that they're no longer with us.

The only one that I can say I wouldn't or couldn't, um, "do it to" would be Dorothy Stratten. She was certainly one of the best there ever was. But she was married to a creep, her life story was too much in the spotlight in the aftermath, and her death was a bit too much to bear, especially since it was graphically recreated in Star 80. Neither her estate nor Peter Bogdanovich wants to ever let go of the subject, continually blaming Hef for the whole thing.
i-Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to i-Chop For This Useful Post: