View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:34 PM   #8
Al Gebra
Former Staff

Thanked 570,943 Times in 11,033 Posts
Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+Al Gebra 2500000+

In case anybody is willing to check it out I uploaded PicCheck, a few how-tos, and some CSV files to begin with. I also added JCheck, a tool to check the integrity of JPGs that might not verify against the CSVs. It is even able to repair corrupted files to a certain degree.

It is said that PicCheck is easier to use. Hunter (that I'm using) is a more powerful tool, offering additional options, but quite a bit more sophisticated to familiarise oneself with. (It was the very first one I was pointed to .) If you wish I'll send it you later - just for the fun of it. BTW, both tools are small and don't need to be installed (and both are compatible with Windows 10!), simply extract piccheck4.20.zip and JCheck to a folder of your choice.

After taking a brief peek at the how-tos myself, I recommend to start with "pwas_thechecker_introduction", but also the others might be helpful.

You find pictures to use for tests in Scan Collections, (MX Scans is actually Maxscans).

Does anybody new to collection management software dare to give PicCheck aka The!Checker a try and report their experience here?

I'm afraid I haven't any time for reuploads. Don't send reports (or PMs) of dead files or requests!
Once the files posted above are expired, please help each other, add the info I provided as well.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-> Underlined words in my posts are clickable. <-
Al Gebra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Gebra For This Useful Post: