View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Rob4
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,843 Times in 388 Posts
Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+Rob4 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBastard View Post
Hi Rob
I think firstly you need to decide rules for deciding on which name should take precedence for a models screen name, eg. imdb, egafd, wikipedia, models own website. In an attempt to avoid future arguments as to whick of a models aliases to use.
i did have rules for this but there has been some slippage. the rules were that for usa/can/south america iafd would take precedence, for uk bgafd, and the rest of europe egafd. any others would have to be agreed upon.

however the biggest hurdle and the main cause of the slippage is that egafd/bgafd and even sometimes iafd change the main identification name based on the number of appearances under that name they have listed. this often leads to use of generic names like georgina, tina, etc, etc or names that are different to the most commonly known names. there are also a few that don't appear on the websites eg 'Zoe'@fiona cooper.

i agree that once a name is decided it should not be changed but that rule can't stand in all circumstances. for instance i don't think 'Barbara' can be left as 'Tina[16]'@egafd should a more unique identification turm up.

i don't think we can get this naming perfect but it does need to be agreed and the only way i can see this happening is to go through each of the names and agreeing the ones that can remain as a permanent id and then identifying the few that may possibly change in the future.

we also need to find a way of 'labelling' all the cc classic girls that don't have a current cc classic name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBastard View Post
Secondly I think that a csv just listing model names should be constructed (I'm happy to start work on one) proposed format:
.SN, Screen Name, Birth Name, Birthdate, Birthplace, Gender, Comments, aka1, aka2, akaN

Where "Screen Name" is a unique name we decide on using for the Model (given our naming convention).
Birth Name, Birth Date, Birth Place will not be known for many actresses but I see no reason why this information shouldn't be included.
Comments can be things like external links to listings in IMDB etc. although this info could be contained in a seperate list?
And finally any aliases for the actress

This way all publications (image sets, mags, film, and playing cards) can link to a unique name without the current concurrency problems.
BB
i see nothing wrong with this except that aliases in some cases will go on forever - Maria Szolontai anyone? and by the way that is one that has changed the main name also!
http://www.egafd.co.uk/actresses/details.php/id/m0177
Rob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rob4 For This Useful Post: