View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #2
BentBastard
Vintage Member

Thanked 2,442 Times in 106 Posts
BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+BentBastard 10000+
Default Re: Name Changes

Hi Rob
I think firstly you need to decide rules for deciding on which name should take precedence for a models screen name, eg. imdb, egafd, wikipedia, models own website. In an attempt to avoid future arguments as to whick of a models aliases to use.

Secondly I think that a csv just listing model names should be constructed (I'm happy to start work on one) proposed format:
.SN, Screen Name, Birth Name, Birthdate, Birthplace, Gender, Comments, aka1, aka2, akaN

Where "Screen Name" is a unique name we decide on using for the Model (given our naming convention).
Birth Name, Birth Date, Birth Place will not be known for many actresses but I see no reason why this information shouldn't be included.
Comments can be things like external links to listings in IMDB etc. although this info could be contained in a seperate list?
And finally any aliases for the actress

This way all publications (image sets, mags, film, and playing cards) can link to a unique name without the current concurrency problems.
BB
BentBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BentBastard For This Useful Post: