View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2018, 01:14 PM   #144
frankontop

frankontop 100+frankontop 100+frankontop 100+
Default no bad language

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO View Post
I have to say something about this thread. I dunno if i'll post much on these forums but anyways....

Benny Hill was a certified comedic genius. I remember watching his show as preteen on the Buffalo FOX affiliate and while I was too young to fully appreciate the humor I did enjoy the Hills Angels and such even if it may have been slightly watered down. I saw a Biography on his life and he was a fascinating man. The whole thing with him being pushed out by Thames Television was disgraceful but alas the political climate was changing.

Hill was a product of a time when comedy was looser. Sure it was risque but it was done so in a cheeky and delightful manner that's not even close to being as crude as some comedians are today. I really love the humor of some of those old British comedy shows especially Are You Being Served? which has to be one of the funniest programs i've ever seen.

It's a damn shame we'll never see another Benny Hill or even a return to the more loose and carefree type of comedy like what AYBS? and other British shows brought us.
whereas Ch 4 and BBC 2 have four letter words as a regular comedy item - not funny without context or humour - certainly not witty -
frankontop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frankontop For This Useful Post: