View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #3358
MrInBetween
R.I.P.

Thanked 48,453 Times in 3,898 Posts
MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+MrInBetween 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrelm View Post
Theere was one sort of hybrid between a milk pudding and semolina which I think was perhaps Cremola - isn't that a US brand?
Cremola! I remember my mum giving me that in the Sixties. Used to have it with jam. I also recall liking 'clouds and zepellins' (bangers and mash) and rice pudding. But the thought of eating all these things now turns my stomach. After I was exposed to school dinners I went off any kind of sloppy pudding (except jelly), including custard (the skin!), mashed potato (the hard lumps!), blancmange (the skin and the lumps!) - unfortunately they had blancmange every day at my primary school and you had to eat it. There were a lot more foods I was put off besides but over the years I've undone a lot of the damage; not with the sloppy ones though. I feel sick just writing about the subject.

Just wanted to get that off my chest - or stomach. As far as Did You Know goes, looking through my own collection for examples of title tracks not on albums, I see that the Cardigans Emmerdale is not on the album so titled but on its follow-up Life; that Pulp's His 'n' Hers does not contain the track of the same name, rather that's on an EP; and that Elvis Costello released an album of country covers entitled Almost Blue - the title he also gave to an original song on his next album Imperial Bedroom, where it presumably displaced the song of the same name, forcing it out on to the b-side of a 12in single.

I'm sorry Gentlemen, that's all the lipstick around the nipple we have time for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrInBetween is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrInBetween For This Useful Post: