View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #4316
Greenman
Live Legend of VEF

Thanked 383,504 Times in 19,356 Posts
Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+

I've just listened to an old vinyl record album of 'The Dreamstone' from 1990.
This was a kids' tv series(animated) about good triumphing over evil, in this case the evil was an underworld dragon called Zordrak who was constantly thwarted by a noop called Rufus, another called Amberley and a wizard with the mythical Dreamstone which transmitted good dreams to the world each night. Anyway it was interesting to see the cover and the names mentioned. Firstly all the music and songs were composed and written by Mike Batt(who spent some of his life inside a Womble costume(look that up) and played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Secondly some big names were singing the March of the Urpneys-these were the slightly inept army of Zordrak and featured amongst its ranks. Voiced by Melvin Hayes(Skeleton in Superted) and Anthony Jackson(Ivor the Engine, Rentaghost) [B]On the album their song was sung by Ozzy Osbourne, Frank Bruno and Billy Connolly. Batt did a duet with Bonnie Tyler on another song and Joe Brown(again look him up) and the now disgraced Gary Glitter were the Vile Brothers Mountain Band-perhaps a prelude to what we now know about Glitter. Oh and why did it take 27 years to play it again? No stylus for my stereo system record player and the ones I did have broke! Now I have a portable record player-bliss!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20,000: Milestone reached!
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greenman For This Useful Post: