View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #2417
G-Type
Tagged 'Suave'

Thanked 330,305 Times in 17,834 Posts
G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+G-Type 1000000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by palo5 View Post
Very bad argument, imho. It's true you joined a common market, but every evolution since then has been supported by your government, and you know that. When they didn't like it, they got "opt-outs". You know that too. You also got a rebate, which means you don't pay as much to the EU as you should, and almost never have

"Every aspect of our lives" and "faceless Eurocrats" is a brainless fallacy for unenquiring minds. The EU does not dictate your foreign policy, tax policy, immigration policy, police policy, defense policy etc etc. It even allows your corrupt financial sector to ruin economies. So what are your problems? That they tell you, that you have to adhere to food quality standards, that you need hygiene in food production, that you need to be in line with technical developments in your legislation?

Give me a break, please. They're only telling you what you should know anyway

As for "faceless Eurocrats" you can look them up on the web. Almost no one in the EU knows who your representatives are either, but it doesn't mean their input is hated
Bravo

Besides some very sound arguments already being shared in this thread, this is perhaps the best description of the situation present and past.

It gives me some sort of relief that it comes from a "Non-EU"-member who has an un-biased view on things.

O.K., letting Mr. Putin aside...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Itīs becoming a waste of time, Morse.
I canīt agree more, Sir!
So letīs enjoy the Jag...and have a pint
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
G-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G-Type For This Useful Post: