View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2018, 04:29 PM   #1707
Arturo2nd
Veteran Member

Location: Oakland, California, United States. I have a beautful view of the BART tracks and I-980
Thanked 151,471 Times in 8,946 Posts
Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertramjet View Post
... (W)hat Trump fails to understand is that those of us on the ground, the people in the real world, who have to deal with the fall out of his words and actions, find ourselves in a more and more difficult position.

The build up, and now the action over the Iran deal has put us in a very difficult position, we are being openly told now that our word is meaningless, as the Americans will block anything we come up with. In the Arab world this is absolute confirmation of the hatred held against the Arab nations by America, it confirms absolutely that America can never be trusted in any dealings with any Arab nation, but it has also caused other Western nations to step back and rethink many agreements they have with America. The biggest single concern is how safe is NATO?
Trump doesn't understand a lot of things about the world and other cultures. I am pretty sure that he doesn't give a damn about how many people are harmed by his actions.

I am not at all sure that I would trust any Arab nation too much or any nation completely. My experience of Arab nations is that they admire and respect treachery and double dealing. Israel exists because the Arab nations have been unable to mount united action. They can never resist the temptation to backstab each other. They have never trusted us, because they are always looking to beguile and deceive. That does not mean that our government is reliable and trustworthy. The very nature of our political system means that our policy shifts every eight years.

But Trump clearly has a foreign policy driven by ADHD, delusion, and ignorance. Other nations must be totally bewildered by now. No rational leader could believe that any deal made while he is president will be honored.
Arturo2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arturo2nd For This Useful Post: