Thread: Useful Programs
View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #48
DTravel
Lean Mean Screencap Machine

Thanked 207,285 Times in 23,710 Posts
DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+DTravel 1000000+

I see that someone has already mentioned Bulk Rename Utility. I second the recommendation for that. I started using it a few months ago and its a wonderful program.

For duplicate image detection, someone mentioned VisiPics. I used that for a while but eventually switched to SimilarImages (homepage: http://celebnamer.celebworld.ws/similarimages/ ). I've found it to be easier and faster to use. The only issue I've had is it will occasionally hang if you're checking 50,000 or more pictures at one go. *whistles innocently* On the other hand, it has options for setting the level of similarity, prioritizing what criteria to use to flag for deletion (image resolution, file size, last modified date), limiting comparisons to only within same directory; only between different directories; or a standard "everything against everything" check. It will also build a "Not-A-Match" database. If you tell it that a given pair of pics are not duplicates, it will "remember" that and skip that pair in subsequent searches. This greatly speeds up future checks as you continue to build your picture collection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I rage and weep for my country.

I can reup screencaps, other material might have been lost.
DTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DTravel For This Useful Post: