View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:01 AM   #52
hos
Veteran Member

Thanked 89,362 Times in 9,363 Posts
hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+hos 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpman View Post
You are conflating thread activity with commonality. You can have a lesser known model who has a lot of activity because there are many distinct posts.
i know, but you can't solve this "problem", which imho isn't such an issue with the idea cause you can name the subforum "non-busy models" or whatever you like to name it. you even could call the "busy models" and separate these from the others, by putting them into a new subforum. beside your personal preference, it doesn't matter, cause the model thread itself isn't touched at all.

the main point for thinking about this idea is the question of many: is the actual agenda for model threads reasonable and fair? is it reasonable and fair to avoid model threads when models don't have much content to offer or if this model is (actually) just known by a single mag appearance which was already posted in a magazine thread?

my opinion is: no, it's not reasonable. and the idea i am thinking of would be easy to setup, easy to manage, and very easy to cancel if it doesn't turn out good.

beside it would be possible to deal better with another "problem" - what's the best name for a model thread within the "common models" area? because now each new model thread has to grow first before it's ready for the main section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpman View Post
and what mods here want to spend the time to reorganize all these less "common" models.
if no mod likes to do that i would have no problem to spent the necessary 15 minutes of work to move related threads in all model forums 1 time a month. it's nothing you have to do each day to stay close to "assigned in realtime".

it's so quick and easy, you just have to know how it works.

but even realtime is eventually possible via admin tools, eventually (i don't remember) the options allow for threads in forum what they allow for member rights in forum. like the 150thanks rule which i've implementet with an automatism. no moderator has to deal with each member first before userrights allow to start threads in model id request (some single members flip through, still. but that's more of a software bug)

and sure it rather has to be discussed with the mods of the model sections than (just) here. here the discussion just started, cause i tried to convince beutelwolf that MIR is the wrong place to keep model threads which were already answered (solved) with an ID like "Samantha @MenOnly Vol 94". because he fears that the thread/content will be lost when we say "solved" if there's not much available for her yet (the main "crossover problem" between MIR and model sections).

Last edited by hos; November 11th, 2015 at 12:36 AM..
hos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hos For This Useful Post: