Thread: Image Hosts
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:25 PM   #14
Denaniel
Administrator

Thanked 425,802 Times in 13,441 Posts
Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+Denaniel 1000000+

I've been using hotflick to replace most of my imagebam thumbs so far, with a few exceptions. I like the convenience, speed and the gallery options. But although the host advertises up to 6MB, I've found that some images smaller than 6MB are rejected without notice, so in a group of many, it's hard to tell which ones successfully uploaded and which did not, without comparing the thumbs to your source one at a time.

In my case, most of my posts are movies, not mags or picture sets, so I'm not as concerned about galleries being complete. If one or two images are rejected by hotflick, then I can either use the default upload tool for pimpandhost to add the missing pics, or if too large (5000KB or more), I've been using imagezilla, which has a 10MB limit and custom-sized thumbs (I set it at 180 pixels), but no gallery option.

Some of my posts have only two or three images, in which case I find it easiest to just use the default pimpandhost tool. It makes replacing the imagebam thumbs easier than going back and forth between tabs, and since my goal is to replace as many imagebam pics as possible over the next few weeks, flexibililty is key.

Update: Yesterday, I had no luck getting turboimagehost to work. But today I finally got it working, and it seems like a much better choice for galleries than any others I've tried. Only caveat so far is you have to create and name an album before you can upload images to it (and names are maximum 20 characters long), although I was able to move images from the default "my images" album into a newly created album after the fact.

Turboimagehost has another major plus: it retains original file names -- even when you hover the cursor you can read the file name. One minor drawback: no 180x180 pixel thumbnail option, but the 150x150 is okay by me.

Please PM me if any of my links are dead.

Don't post your thanks, hit the "Thanks" button!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Denaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Denaniel For This Useful Post: