View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #2412
Wendigo
Former Staff

Thanked 1,140,691 Times in 114,036 Posts
Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+Wendigo 2500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by palo5 View Post
Very bad argument, imho. It's true you joined a common market,
So far so good, if only you had put your Pravda approved keyboard away at that point.

Quote:
but every evolution since then has been supported by your government, and you know that. When they didn't like it, they got "opt-outs". You know that too. You also got a rebate, which means you don't pay as much to the EU as you should, and almost never have
Very bad counter argument imho
Did Poland, Romania, Hungary & others vote to join the Warsaw Pact ?
NO the people were forced into a post war arranged marriage and had no say when the USSR regime turned it's more brutal face towards them.
The other EU nations must have agreed that Britain was paying over the odds or else why did they agree to the rebate?? Were they just stupid????

Quote:
"Every aspect of our lives" and "faceless Eurocrats" is a brainless fallacy for unenquiring minds. The EU does not dictate your foreign policy, tax policy, immigration policy, police policy, defense policy etc etc. It even allows your corrupt financial sector to ruin economies. So what are your problems? That they tell you, that you have to adhere to food quality standards, that you need hygiene in food production, that you need to be in line with technical developments in your legislation?
Foreign policy - The EU dictates who we can trade with, all deals have to be agreed.
Police policy - The UK opted out EU policing and criminal justice measures
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...stice-measures
The fact we opted out means these measures exist
Defence policy - https://eeas.europa.eu/topics/common...policy-csdp_en

No matter how you slice it the EU by its very nature has its claws in every policy sector, it is an embryonic European super state. Britain voted against that in a fair vote, we chose to be governed by our own Parliament, just accept it and move on, nothing more to see here, it happened, live with it

Believe it or not we actually had laws before we joined the EEC.

Quote:
Give me a break, please. They're only telling you what you should know anyway
No breaks here .....sorry but people still moaning about what happened a year on after the vote is is pretty feeble.

Lies were told on all sides of the argument. That's the nature of politics

If you can re-up dead links please consider adding this to your signature. It helps when looking at reports of dead posts.

Please PM me re any dead images although it is likely if it is outside Celebs I may no longer have the content
Wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wendigo For This Useful Post: