View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #3
Alan DeMoss
Veteran Member

Thanked 114,370 Times in 2,442 Posts
Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+Alan DeMoss 500000+

Found another:

+++

02 February 2000

moderator: Good evening and welcome, everyone! Tonight we are lucky to have with us the beautiful Donna Edmondson, Miss November 1986, PMOY 1987. Well, I know that you are all anxious to chat with Donna, so let's begin!
donnaedmondson : Hello! I am really happy that you all remembered my birthday. Thank you for remembering me after all these years.
lpadilla : Hi Donna! Always a pleasure to chat with you!
rootnl2k : Saying hello to the ever-so-beautiful Donna Edmondson, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

tomyivko : Hi Donna. What have you been doing recently?
rootnl2k : I wish you were here last night so that we could sing: Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dearest Donna! Happy Birthday you! But we hope the husband treated you last night.
CharlieG : Happy Belated Birthday from Huntsville, Alabama!
yauleung : Hello, Donna, from Montreal, Canada!
wil : Hello, Donna. I trust your birthday yesterday was a happy one!

Ohuigins : Happy Birthday Donna! Hello from Louisville. You are a "Home Girl!" I'm originally from High Point/Guilford County. How much snow did Guilford County get last week?
donnaedmondson : Sixteen inches of snow! And then on Saturday, two inches of ice on top of the snow. We don't have the equipment to clear everything, so everything kind of shuts down. The kids are going back to school finally, so I am happy!

tomyivko : Happy Birthday from Croatia! (3AM)
donnaedmondson : Hey Tomy, why aren't you in bed? (winks) Thanks for being here! That is amazing!
puzleman : Hello from Garden Grove, California.
bdmmd048 : Hello, Donna, from Big Sky Country of Montana.
blofeldt : Hi Donna! How did you spend your day yesterday?
donnaedmondson : I went to the children's museum with seven kids and entertained them all day. It made the day go by really quickly. Then my husband came home around four, so I could take a shower and get ready for dinner. Then he took me out for dinner and it was SO nice and quiet. I could do that every night! I asked him tonight when he got home, "Could we please do that again?"

gigantormd : What has been going on in your world since you updated your Personal Page?
donnaedmondson : Actually that page was created by Playboy when the Cyber Club first launched. They apparently made a page for every PMOY. I was unaware that the page was even up until Katelynne called me and asked if I wanted to redo my page. So I am working on that as we speak. I will have pictures and lots more for you to buy.

rootnl2k : What do you recall about being Playmate of the Year?
donnaedmondson : I think it is always going to feel like part of my life. I just realized that when I took my husband to the Mansion for the first time for this past New Year's Eve party. He thought it was amazing. I hadn't been out there for so long. It's very heart-warming to know that I can always go there and feel welcome.

Ohuigins : Which high school did you go to? Paige or Ben L. Smith? I went to High Point Central.
donnaedmondson : Not Paige. I went to Western Guilford High School. Paige was our rival. They were deceitful. (giggles) But I know where High Point Central is!

MoonStone69 : Hi Donna! Did you really lose your bikini top while swimming, or was that poetic license while filling our your data sheet?
donnaedmondson : No, I really, honestly did lose that in the ocean. I never found it. I walked out with my hands over my breasts. It was a crowded beach. I was so embarrassed, to say the least. I was SO shy. It was the worst. I don't think, at that time, I could have imagined anything worse happening. I was somewhere between 15-17 years old. I was with my family.

CharlieG : Why did you stop modeling for Playboy after your reign as PMOY ended?
donnaedmondson : I never wanted to model. I never thought I was modeling material. It just wasn't what I wanted to do because I was in real estate at that time. I guess I assumed that girls with big chests couldn't be big models. I was pretty full-figured at the time. (giggles)

puzleman : I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday, but how could I remember when you never age?
donnaedmondson : Awwww, how do you know? You haven't seen me! (winks)

blofeldt : Donna, when might we see you at a Glamourcon again?
donnaedmondson : Well, Playboy asked me that. I might try and go to the Chicago show. It is very hard for me to get away, with having three kids and my youngest is only one year old. I hate to leave my husband all weekend with the kids. I really don't like to travel either. I am a homebody.I feel like I have already done that. When you have a family, that takes priority, at least with me it does. I hope you guys understand.

yauleung : What words of advice would you give to aspiring Playmates?
donnaedmondson : I would tell them to take a journal with them. To write down people that they meet, what they see and what they do. It is such an amazing thing to experience.

wil : Will you be selling current pin-up photos on your website? We fans would surely like those!
donnaedmondson : {giggles) No, I am not going to be doing any more nudes. After three kids, I don't know if my husband would like that. (giggles) They have gone a little lower now. Things aren't the way they used to be.

rootnl2k : Donna, where are you career-wise?
donnaedmondson : Well, I am a mom currently. I volunteer at the schools. And I am working harder than ever! Being a mom is so much work. You never really understand that until you have your own children. You get one chance at raising your children the right way.

blofeldt : Donna, what do you remember about your PMOY crowning? I've seen a UK show with you, when Marina Baker interviewed you in the pool the morning before.
donnaedmondson : Oh boy, you remember a lot more than I do. I just remember being very busy and very emotional. My parents flew out to Los Angeles to the PMOY party. Playboy treated them very nicely. It was their first time on an airplane. I remember crying when I gave my speech.
I remember when Marilyn Grabowski called me when I was on a promotion. She asked me if I was sitting down. Then she said, "You are not going to believe this. You are PMOY!" I just flipped because I had no idea that I was even in the running because there were so many beautiful girls that year.

lpadilla : Donna, did you really shoot your Centerfold in only one day, as you said in the PMOM article? How long did it take to shoot the whole layout?
donnaedmondson : Yes, we really did do that in a day. I think that was a record. The whole layout ... I would say that took about three weeks. Don't hold me to that, though. I have kind of forgotten. (laughs)

yauleung : What gifts did you receive for being PMOY?
donnaedmondson : A red 1987 Corvette convertible (which I still have and it only has 27,000 miles on it), $100,000 and all the promotional fees and traveling! I have had so many people try and buy that car from me, but I am never selling it! I told my husband that when we are 60 and 70 we will be driving around in that thing. (giggles)

hhefnerfan : Do you read Playboy once in a while?
donnaedmondson : I read it every single month. I got a subscription for my husband, my dad and my brother. So the whole family is kept up-to-date with Playboy! I think it is a great magazine. It is classy and the pictures are really only a small part of the magazine. I think more women should read Playboy. I think it would make them realize that it is good reading material. That is how I got into Playboy. I used to sneak my dad's Playboy's. I got the address out of there and sent in my pictures. When I told my dad, he thought I was kidding. I told them that I was flying to Chicago. It was my first plane trip.

rootnl2k : Do you still have a real estate license?
donnaedmondson : I do. I pay my $30 a year to keep it registered. If I were to get back into it, I don't think I would be able to jump right back in, I would definitely have to take some classes.

Ohuigins : Do you have a PO Box or another address besides Playmate Promotions?
donnaedmondson : PO BOX 39386, Greensboro, NC 27438-9386. I would love to hear from you!

yauleung : What is the most rewarding thing about motherhood?
donnaedmondson : There are so many things, it is hard to pick just one. That is a very hard question. I guess, knowing that you are doing everything the right way so you will have nice, kind children, who will turn into nice, kind adults. I think the best thing is that there is something new that you learn everyday, and it keeps you young at heart. For example, yesterday I was crawling through the playground at the children's museum. If I didn't have children, I would never be doing stuff like that.

wil : You have a full-page photo in the "Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 4" Newsstand Special that was published a couple of weeks ago. Do you like that photo?
donnaedmondson : I haven't even seen that photo. Thanks for letting me know! I will run out and buy it. Can you describe the photo to me? I am so curious! Thanks Wil!

Ohuigins : I will definitely write you a letter!
donnaedmondson : Well, that is sweet! I will do my best to write back!

CharlieG : Where is home now for you?
donnaedmondson : In North Carolina.

yauleung : Did your husband know that you are a Playmate?
donnaedmondson : No, he didn't know when we met. He found out three months after we were dating because someone came up to me when we were out for dinner and asked me for my autograph. It was wonderful because I knew he was with me and loved me because of who I was and not because I was a Playmate. At first he was like, "Why do they want your autograph?" I told him that I would explain it to him later. When we left the restaurant, we had a nice, long talk. (winks and giggles) I was concerned, at first, about what his family would think. But they have all been wonderful to me, and my husband and I are very happy.

nordgren : Does Playboy retain rights to your pictures? Can the pictures be used at any time? Do you know how may pictures of you they have on file?
donnaedmondson : Yes, Playboy owns the rights to all pictures. I have no clue how many they have. I would guess thousands! They take an ubelievable amount of pictures.

wil : In the "Celebrating Centerfolds" photo, you are standing on your knees on a bed, with a gauzy white nightgown covering one arm and draped down your back.
donnaedmondson : Wow, I have no idea what picture that is. I will buy it and take a look. Thanks again, Wil!

wddevoe1 : Your husband is so fortunate. You're sweet, caring, a good soul (and a knockout, too -- I have to throw that in).
donnaedmondson : {giggles)

johnny_boy : Does it bother you that Playboy has the rights to your "body" more or less?
donnaedmondson : Well, I feel very fortunate myself. Thank you very much. You're so sweet! But no, they don't have rights to my body, just rights to my pictures. My husband has the rights to my body. (giggles)

rootnl2k : Donna, do you have Internet access?
donnaedmondson : I do. I don't go online a lot. When I am, I am on barbi.com and pokemon.com. (laughs) My kids are online a lot. It is amazing.

yauleung : How do you think Playboy has helped you evolve into the person that you are now?
donnaedmondson : That is a great question! Well, I really feel that if I didn't do Playboy, I would have never had the opportunities to travel and meet the people that I have met. I think that everything you do has an effect on your life. But Playboy also had a huge effect on my self-confidence. I think it really made me come out of my shell. I watched what was going on around me.

Ohuigins : I hope there was at least one Southern Gentleman at Myrtle Beach when you lost your top.
donnaedmondson : {laughs)

wil : Donna, at the Atlanta Glamourcon last year, you looked great! You could certainly be a Centerfold model again, if you chose to do so!
donnaedmondson : You're too sweet!

wddevoe1 : Wish you had a sister.
donnaedmondson : {laughs)
donnaedmondson : I have a brother!

tomyivko : Bye and have a good time!
rootnl2k : Saying goodbye to Donna Edmondson, a lady with perspective, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Ohuigins : As a "Southern Belle" and a "Home Girl," I'm sure you wouldn't disappoint me. Thanks for chatting tonight. Of course, you are one of my favorite Playmates! I will write to you!
lpadilla : Thanks for chatting, Donna! Hope to have you back soon! Belated Happy Birthday!
blofeldt : Thanks for chatting, Donna. Do you have any messages for Bill 'The Arv' Arvola?
donnaedmondson : Yes, tell ARV that I said hello. I hope he has fun at Glamourcon.
hhefnerfan : Donna, thanks very much for taking time out of your busy life to chat with us. Wish you all the best, and hope you come back soon.
wil : Donna, it was a pleasure to see you again at Glamourcon last summer. Please consider attending the Chicago show in April. And please reconsider whether you might be willing to pose for new photos -- believe me, they would be best-sellers!
yauleung : Thanks for the chat, Donna! Best of luck with motherhood!
puzleman : Donna, may your children grow up to have your beauty and wisdom.
jlreid01 : Bye Donna, have a great 2000. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Magic_Fingers : Goodbye Donna. I didn't get to be on for much of your chat, but you are certainly a lovely Playmate, and you seem like a very sweet and special person! Hope you'll be back to chat again soon! Bye from Kansas City!
bdmmd048 : Thanks for chatting with us tonight, Donna. Love and success to you and your family.
yauleung : Live long and prosper! May love, joy, true happiness and success be with you and yours wherever you go! Bye from Montreal!

donnaedmondson : Oh, I am not good at goodbyes. I really appreciate you guys listening to my stories about my children and motherhood. Please keep in touch with your friends. Call them and talk to them in person! I think we are losing personal touch with one another. Remember that! Thanks for having me! I will certainly be back to chat soon! Bye guys! Look for my new Personal Page soon. (waves goodbye)
moderator : Happy Belated Birthday to the lovely Donna Edmondson, Miss November 1986. It was a pleasure to spend this hour with you and learn of your developments over the years. May you have a happy and healthy new year filled with lots of love and happiness. We would love to have you back to chat with us again real soon! Okay guys, let's head to the Members Lounge to continue chatting! And we will all see you here again tomorrow!
Alan DeMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Alan DeMoss For This Useful Post: