View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #6
BetterBlue
Vintage Member

Thanked 11,557 Times in 309 Posts
BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+BetterBlue 50000+
Default ML Interview - (1976-02-11) The Daily Times-News

Says Playmate of Year "I Want People To See Me For Myself"

Miss Lange says her only hangup is when the public makes rude and suggestive remarks about her posing in the nude. "Men don't say ugly things to their wives or girlfriends, and I resent it when they make snide remarks about me," she says. "I wish they could know me and not just what they see in magazines." When asked about her measurements, it was evident that this was another hangup. "When I'm asked, I say 'I'll give you my waist and hip measurements', and people aren't too pleased," she says. "But I want them to see me as I am and not my measurements. As a matter of fact, I don't even know my measurements."

Even in her capacity as Playmate of the Year, Miss Lange doesn't feel "she owes it to her public", who only want to know out of curiousity. With time drawing near for her to give up her title, Miss Lange seems to be looking forward to getting back to a more serene life. "I was majoring in accounting at school in Hawaii, but after my experiences as Playmate, I hope to go into advertising." Miss Lange was "discovered" about three years ago when she and a friend, who were residing in Hawaii, decided to tour the United States. One stop was at the Playboy Building in Chicago, where a photographer friend asked her to pose for the European version of Playboy magazine, Ouy. Playboy magazine was impressed with the pictures, and within a few days she began posing for a Playboy layout. It took about four months to pose for the Miss May layout. "I returned to Hawaii and was called to Chicago once a week every month for pictures," she recalls. On several occasions she has been the house guest of Hugh Hefner himself at both his homes in Chicago and Los Angeles, but admits she only knows him as a host. "He's on the conservative side," says Miss Lange, "and is the perfect host." At the time she was chosen as a Playgirl, Playboy wanted to change its image and promote wholesome, All - American looking girls. Miss Lange fits this description and wear little, if any, make - up. From the the twelve girls that appear in Playboy during the year, one is chosen by Hefner himself to be Playmate of the Year. Miss Lange 's title will expire on May 9 when she turns the title over to another Playgirl in New York. She admits that she's ready to relinquish her title. "I have been asked to continue promotional work for Playboy, but I'm ready to give it up," she says. She may go into a career job for a period before trying to continue her education.

One wonders how parents react when all of a sudden Daughter is posed in a centerfold layout. "My parents didn't like it at first. They wondered what kind of a person I would become, but after I took Mother to Chicago for a visit, she changed her mind. She saw the other side of the business," relates Miss Lange. "My father, however, still doesn't like going into a barber shop and seeing my picture on a calendar." immediate plans include promotional travels until May. Once married, she doesn't see another marriage in the future. She has turned down parts in movies, and claims she's not an actress and has no plans to pursue a career along those lines. "It has its good points and bad points," says Marilyn Lange when relating her experiences as Playmate of the Year. Miss Lange, a 24 - year - old native of New Jersey, is in Burlington a few days and says the best part about being Miss May 1974 of Playboy magazine and going on to become Playmate of the Year has been the opportunity to travel not only to larger cities but to smaller towns all over the United States. She came to Burlington from Medford, Ore., and will leave for Montreal, Canada, in a few days. She appears mostly in custom car shows and does promotional work and is usually billed with such personalities as Batman and Robin and Rhoda's television husband, Joe. Some of the bad points, she has found, is not being able to complete her education and being away from her boyfriend, who is living in Chicago where she now makes her home. "I crave learning, but not a degree," says Miss Lange, who has two and a half more years of college.

Last edited by BetterBlue; July 20th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: type error
BetterBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BetterBlue For This Useful Post: