View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2018, 06:06 AM   #7607
Arturo2nd
Veteran Member

Location: Oakland, California, United States. I have a beautful view of the BART tracks and I-980
Thanked 151,470 Times in 8,946 Posts
Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maildude View Post
I'm looking at the post-season stat leaders in the NBA this year. LeBron leads in two offensive categories...taking #1 in overall scoring. No other Cavs are present in any other category...offensive or defensive. For GS, KD is among the offensive leaders, and Green is up there in assists...but no other mentions. What this looks like to me is what everybody knows: LeBron IS the team, and Golden State plays with a lot of weapons and a lot more parity.
Lebron almost dragged a roster thrown together at the All-Star break to an NBA title. He lucked out that injuries derailed superior teams from Boston and Houston. Unfortunately, during the NBA Finals for the first time all season, the Golden State Warriors got almost their entire squad healthy enough to take the floor.

The Warriors have three players who can suddenly get hot and score 30+ points in a quarter. The team enjoys these shooting displays so much, that they make sure that a hot shooter gets the ball. They also have a team that can hold the strongest of other teams to 20 or less points per quarter when it decides to make the effort to do so.

It must really suck to play a team that can take away your offense, then run down to the other end of the floor to either swish a 30 ft shot, or make a pass to a player flying in for an uncontested dunk.

LeBron really amazed me in these playoffs. I thought both Indiana and Boston had the Cavs beaten. On paper, Toronto wins that series easily. f Cleveland gets lucky in the draft and adds an "A" level player they are a threat.

The Warriors are really, really good. But they have also gotten some very lucky breaks over the past four years.

Last edited by Arturo2nd; June 10th, 2018 at 06:46 AM..
Arturo2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arturo2nd For This Useful Post: