View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #37
vincez

Thanked 1,007 Times in 84 Posts
vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+vincez 5000+
Red face Not so much it - but Firefox

This might not be the best thread for this remark, but I searched the technical section and couldn't find anything else describing this problem.
I rely on public wi-fi networks to download content referred into V-E-F. Lately, I've had a snag where a number of downloads, almost all from 1Fichier, begin and end, with good speed, on the network. But at some point during my session, something kicks in and abruptly halts a download without actually terminating it or reducing its speed. Right now, I have a file sitting in my download library. It is 48.8 MB into a 695 MB download. Its speed is showing as 2.0 MB/sec. But it has been stopped at this point for about 25 minutes (and it could have finished 20 minutes ago if it continued to download at this speed). Notably, it won't let me cancel the download either. (Library falls into [Not responding].)
On-line searches for this snag, referencing Windows 8.1 (x64) and Firefox 53/52/51/50 turn up only pleadings, "Why is my download so slow / not finishing?" - Nothing about this incident.
I think it has something to do with my settings in Firefox, not 1fichier.
I've tried the remarks about refreshing the history of downloads. I've tried a few tweaks in "about:memory" and "about:config".
Did not work.
I am quite hesitant to pose this query in a technical forum, because I absolutely foresee some wiseacre on those sites making a remark about trying to download pr0n?
Does anybody here on V-E-F have a solid suggestion? Do you need more data about the computer I use to download the file?