View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:36 AM   #16
beutelwolf
paludicolous paravant

Thanked 745,375 Times in 26,855 Posts
beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+beutelwolf 2500000+

Effie interpreted me pretty well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper II View Post
Thank you but this should probably be a [mystery - additional content] thread. After all you yourself have started a thread for Norma Peterson and later added scans from this same magazine calling her by a different name. I realize info for some of these '60s models is scant but this magazine seems to be unreliable with regard to names. So far we have two different magazines calling her by two different names.
It's not a "secure" id, or rather: I'm not yet sure how reliable Reflets is as a source. However, I tend to create model threads (instead of asking for ID) when I have a 2-part name for a model, particularly for this period, as these are much more reliable in general. So, had I found these two pictorials the other way around, I would have never created an id thread for her.

In particular, the original pictorial was from Girl Illustrated. GI is highly reliable (by standards of girlie mags) for model ids when it comes to 2-part names, whilst their 1-part names (as in this case) mean virtually nothing.

Regarding "Norma Peterson" - that naming is from Girls of the World, a mag that frequently (but not always) made up 2-part names, which is fairly unusual for a mag in the late 60s. So, had I found the pictorials at the same time I would have opted for the Reflets name. The third source in that thread is from GI, yet another name, but a 1-part name.

Either way, when I'm finding conflicting model names I put the name used in the pictorial of the mag (however many parts it has) in the title of the post, so that a title-search will pick it up and the issue which one is the thread title is a minor one, as we don't have a search feature limited to thread titles.
beutelwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to beutelwolf For This Useful Post: