View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:35 AM   #33
SoIGotTheGroov

SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+SoIGotTheGroov 2500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeAU50 View Post
I didn't mind Windows 10 when I first upgraded my HTPC and for a good few months everything worked well

However then there was an update and suddenly I couldn't access the media servers or anything else on my network, tried a lot of different things with no success so for me I'd say watch out for what the updates do to your existing settings and network set-up

Eventually re-installed Win 7 as there was no work around for the non-detected network on W10 (even tried system restores, fresh previous version of W10, etc)

I think I've just experienced the same issue last night with an update too. But it could have been the W7 disk too since I've reinstalled many softwares and VST plugins and had to struggle with an annoying admin rights issue with some folders:
- CPU was too much working, at 50% sometimes with nothing running !
- on W10, couldn't access the Downloads folder, couldn't download anything in it cos' it was "broken".

CheckDisk programmed at startup on both disks, et voilą. Problems solved on both OS.
SoIGotTheGroov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SoIGotTheGroov For This Useful Post: