View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:09 PM   #4544
Decadence
the thrill of it all

Thanked 213,313 Times in 11,242 Posts
Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+Decadence 1000000+
Default General George S. Patton

1885-1945

"To me it seems certain that the fatalistic teachings of Muhammad and the utter degradation of women is the outstanding cause for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have kept on developing."

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week."

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

"May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't."

"Better to fight for something than live for nothing."

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war."

"The supreme measure of a man, is what he would risk his life for."

"The most difficult thing about being humble is not being able to brag about it."

"Fear kills more people than death."

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."

"There is no such thing as a successful defense."

"A civil servant is sometimes like a broken cannon - it won't work and you can't fire it."

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more."

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

"In case of doubt, attack."

"You're never beaten until you admit it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Decadence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Decadence For This Useful Post: