View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:52 AM   #2
zarafan

zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+zarafan 1000+

A friend of mine once invited me to help clear out the library of another friend who had recently passed away from cancer (it shouldn't happen to anyone on this list!). The guy was an amazing collector with some first rate books, many of which I bought from my friend (who was the executor of the estate). I turned the corner of the living room and asked what the pile of magazines were. My friend shrugged and said "kinky sex." Being the inquisitive type, I had a look: mostly very poorly photographed BDSM magazines apparently from the 70s and 80s--the kind of cheap, repackaged stuff you can get at a newsstand in any anonymous city. It clearly embarrassed my friend. So I had to wonder: the other guy wasn't, heaven forbid, killed in a car crash or something, so knowing his prognosis, why did he leave this stuff lying around? Getting rid of it would have been the first thing I would have done once I found out the dismal news. I hope it will be a while before I put my money where my mouth is on this one!
zarafan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zarafan For This Useful Post: