View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #26
porty

porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+porty 2500+

'Bollocks' seems to be a very British word. i have travelled to america on many occasions and i have never heard it said, with 'nuts' seeming to be the popular alternative.

it is a very widely used term in UK english, for instance kick in the bollocks = kick in the nuts.

never mind the bollocks = forget the bullshit/nonsense

have a bollocking = get told off/ chastised/ reprimanded

well, you've bollocksed that = you've f**ked it up/ broke it

drop a bollock = make a mistake

bollocks to this = contempt/ f**k it

dog's bollocks = the best eg my cars the dog's bollocks

work your bollocks off = work really hard

talking bollocks = popularly thought to come from the name of old preists who were referred to as ballocks... and talk rubbish during sermons = talking ballocks... leading to todays literal meaning.

in the middle ages a special knife was adapted to deal with fallen knights in armour who were dispatched by going up under the armour and stabbing the crotch area and was referred to as a "ballock knife". This dagger had a pair of symmetrical oval swellings located on each side of the hilt at the guard, clearly made to resemble male genitalia.

bollocky is commonly used australian slang for naked.....

where we british prefer stark bollock naked......

now that you are scratching your bollocks because you are completely bollocksed by the bollocks i have posted i'm gonna carry on sitting here on my bollocks and see what other bollocks people have posted. bollocks to this i'll leave yer to it....
porty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to porty For This Useful Post: