View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:35 AM   #7007
Motorboater
Vintage Member

Thanked 38,249 Times in 4,299 Posts
Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+Motorboater 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian249x View Post
Word is that Lyndon Baines Johnson, hardly the most handsome of men, was a world class womanizer.

I did many New Age seminars where it became quite clear that men were into love and romance and women were into money and security. Political dominance is a powerful aphrodisiac and is a function of charisma. Also, the percentage of women who had traded sex for money was shockingly (to us men) high.
Good on him!

My impression is that women are into powerful/money men in the same way guys are into hot chicks. But they're more discreet about it. When do you ever see a loudmouth left winger female who was white hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by effCup View Post
Charisma may be difficult to define but is generally thought to be readily recognised/assessed through/from people's public personas--as opposed to their private ones. That is: charisma is not something people disguise or keep secret, for to do so would be much the same as not having any to disguise.

Therein lies the flaw in your above hypothesis regarding BJ. Few people regard BJ as charismatic... or were you thinking of something other than charisma?
Now that I've got your attention effCup. When are new Zealand going to host the winter Olympics l
Motorboater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Motorboater For This Useful Post: