View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:35 AM   #6
waywayback

waywayback 0
Default High Resolution Scans 1890-1930

I purchased this huge, beautiful scan from Tallulahs.com several years ago.

I’m looking to purchase other scans of this quality -- Nudes/partial nudes/elegance/actresses/assorted erotica, from the turn of the century. Unfortunately Tallulahs (and their follow-up store, e-vint.com) have both shut down, and I don’t know where to look.

I am having very little luck finding vintage images of this high quality online.

If you have any high-resolution scans from this era, I would love to see them.

If you know how I could get in touch with PK Hobbs, I would be eternally grateful.

If you know of an alternate vendor who specializes in high-resolution scans of these kinds of images, I would love for you to message me about them, so I could patronize their business.

Any help or advice you can share is greatly appreciated!

For graphics nerds:

PK Hobbs, the proprietor of Tallulahs, sold this as a download, providing a 29 megabyte TIFF file and a 10.8 megabyte JPG. I actually had to shrink the jpg in Photoshop in order to squeeze in under ImageBam’s 10 MB limit to host the image.

The photo is 5.3” x 3.4” at 720 dpi, which converts to 12” x 7.5” at 300 dpi - big and beautiful. Etsy stores advertising “300 dpi” vintage images are usually scanned at the original size of less than 3” x 5” - a huge missed opportunity to capture and appreciate the real image quality on today’s beautiful retina-resolution computer and tablet screens.

If you would like to see the original 29 MB TIFF of this image in all its glory, message me and I can send you a link.

*** Many thanks to the group of moderators who've been so patient with me as a newb here, offering support and advice. You folks rock!
waywayback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to waywayback For This Useful Post: