View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #114
CosmoK
Vintage Member

Thanked 24,317 Times in 1,078 Posts
CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+CosmoK 100000+
effCup, while looking for more info about Svensson, I've noted some unrelated elements but that might be useful for your researches:

- Peter Flodqvist and Peter Press: in Knave of August 78, there is a pictorial of "Kiki"' by Peter Press that shows the now well known set with tiles floor : http://www.creamcheesex.org/fs/p/iss...es/Kiki_1.html

- Peter Press and Allan Sass: in Fiesta of June 78, a pictorial credited to Peter Press, called "Postcards from the coast", belongs to the same shooting as published by Allan Sass on his website.

- Rupert Daines: my opinion is now clear regarding this name: it should be put aside, at least when searching connections between photographer's names and aliases.
As you have noticed well, several photographs of Michel Moreau were credited to Daines in Club. In the same way, I also counted six different sets shot by Serge Jacques ("Night", Brigitte, Jennifer, Terri, "Whirly birds", "Bermuda") and another one of Brigitte Lahaie by Patrice Dohollo, all published under Daines' name.

In fact, considering just a single year of published work of Daines, you can see that he was able to make pictures of every kind of the existing styles: French, British, Scandinavian, US and so on... A sort of "total photographer", who curiously didn't mark his name in the history of photography...
That is why I personally rank "Rupert Daines" amongst the same "Phony names & Generic alias", just like Fanny. Since I still don't understand why such shared made-up names were so often used instead of real names (or "real" aliases), I would really like to know the reasons, some day.

Last edited by CosmoK; March 18th, 2017 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo.
CosmoK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to CosmoK For This Useful Post: