View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #19
cylnz
Vintage Member

Thanked 39,630 Times in 3,116 Posts
cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+cylnz 175000+

Ok, just read this entire thread. This is an old old issue. Since all this celeb collecting started back in the bbs days there has always been a risk of a site shut down due to underage material. I've personally seen it happen 3 times in 20 years, and yes, it did totally screw everyone officially associated with those sites, even legally. The biggest thing is the negative attention it garners for our hobby. That affects the entire community and gives valid excuse for the watchdog busybodies to try and wipe us out. And the movie industry would really love to wipe us out, believe that. Yes, we do drive a lot of dvd/br sales, yet we also blatantly infringe on IP daily. I'm not an IP freak by any stretch of the imagination, but I do happily recognize I'm stealing their content (Hell, I revel in it). By posting under age material we give them a handle they can use to stop us from sharing.

Just dont do it.

It may be stupid, (why was "Pretty Baby" released mainstream?) Why does the media industry get away with all those underage girls bouncing around dressed like Bangkok whores on tv, in the movies, in music videos?

It doesnt matter.

If the celeb collecting sites/forums want to survive, they MUST keep all that titillating content out.

It's the biggest handle the mpaa/riaa/media conglomerates have to shut us down.

If you have it, enjoy it, for what its worth. There are lots of ways to share with your friends that wont get public places like VEF shut down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"How'd you like the my foot in your ass experience"
cylnz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cylnz For This Useful Post: