View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #44
Arturo2nd
Veteran Member

Location: Oakland, California, United States. I have a beautful view of the BART tracks and I-980
Thanked 151,470 Times in 8,946 Posts
Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+Arturo2nd 750000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceprince View Post
According to Santee he also fully knows and judges your motivations. So if he's vindictive enough to punish non-believers and 'mercenary' do-gooding Christians he's likely to damn those cunning bastards that just want to hedge their bets.

It's just as likely (or improbable) that any 'God' is Christian-hating one rather than Pro-Christian and your belief will damn you rather than give you any salvation.
Oh I don't believe in that sick s.o.b. in the Old Testament at all. The Bible scholars, historians, and archaeologists have come to the conclusion that most of it was propaganda material from the reign of King Josephus in the 9th century B.C. when he had his scribes invent a fictional past to justify Judaic rule over that little patch at the crossroads of empires. Part of the deal was to enroll the neighboring peoples in the idea that the cult of Yahweh was important and they needed to come to Jerusalem for religious festivals and give money, grain, and animal sacrifices. Critical scrutiny has revealed that David and Solomon were no more than clan chieftains of tribes existing in the marginal hill country bordering small client states of the Assyrian and Egyptian empires. Their "mighty kingdom and empire" was a complete fiction.

IMO, the New Testament is pretty iffy, too.

One of my big issues with these ancient religions is the barriers they create to genuine exploration of spiritual reality and responsible ethics and morals.
Arturo2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Arturo2nd For This Useful Post: