Thread: Raquel Welch
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #30
urbo

urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+urbo 1000+

I think I can make a good case for proving that the picture is real and also raise the possibility that there is out-take footage somewhere.

I'm almost certain that the picture was taken on the set of 'Bedazzled' the film she made with Dudley Moore and Peter Cook in 1967. You can date it exactly by her hairstyle and her physical appearance.

The summer of 1967 and Raquel comes to swinging London to make the film.

As lust, Raquel appears in a lot of dream/nightmare sequences where she strips to her underwear and attempts to seduce Moore.

Here are some pictures from the film, you can see that Raquel's hair is identical to the nude picture. The sets used in the film where fairly gaudy, just like in the nude picture.

The picture on the left is a publicity still from 'Bedazzled'. It's the same red underwear she wears, when she delivers Dudley's breakfast (the vid is posted earlier in the thread). When compared to the nude picture, it's almost certainly the same woman.

I reckon that during the filming of one of these strip/dream/seduction sequences, the director (who also made 'Blame It On Rio' so he's got form), persuaded/cajoled Raquel to strip completely. Remember, this is the summer of 1967 in London, the coolest moment ever. John Lennon, Mick Jagger and Jimmy Hendrix probably told her at a party that it would be a 'cool' thing to do.

The picture was probably taken by a gaffer on set.

Come editing time later that year, the director/studio/Raquel/Raquel's agent/Dudley Moore/Jimmy Hendrix, realised that full frontal nudity in a 1967 comedy would never have flown and the scene was scrapped.

I have a very good feeling that in a vault somewhere, there are 10-15 minutes of out-take footage of Raquel cavorting around naked

Last edited by urbo; January 11th, 2009 at 07:51 PM..
urbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 92 Users Say Thank You to urbo For This Useful Post:
10vorne, 11PurpleHaze22, 27cows, 33des, alland25, apus, Astrojdg64, audia2, ballerman, beechray, bergstrom, boki83, bphantom64, Cantfindmyway, CarlC, chowmein88, chris01633, clydefrog100, COP11, cuzzyman927, darude222, dennisomatic, dick555, disir, edison01se, Flubber6, gailleton, geoffreygordon, george anson, George Thiel, giljourdan, gregn2484, gripen, haVEFun here, hoellendisponent, Homer, homer3, Hurricane Harry, jettheadriot, jgrey, joe gutts, jomama, karst, leddy, maarno, mahome, maico, mangoMomma, mcgintys, mchl13, mikenotts, mishmash, Ol' one, oldaroke, Omorfos1, pewacker, pezi, Pierot, pokeras, poutzfaunus, Preservation, pretender, rocco-rules, roi, sabalero10, sgksp, shwiggle, silentroamer, smutwerx, Spargel, speedking75, speedygl, spider1914, StephenG, steevy, Steve Old Boy, stin, zeus64, suyaturku, tamsmith, Tester2010, the_immortal_lurker, thorgeirr, trapper, trekmyer, tugs, tusk79, VallesMarineris, Willie07, zaphod08, zorro4l, zzzang