View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #2092
Puhbear69
Veteran Member

Thanked 48,576 Times in 2,258 Posts
Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+Puhbear69 175000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by otokonomidori View Post
I drove from Switzerland into Liechtenstein and then into Germany in 2013 - the only time I saw a border guard was when we went back into Switzerland.
If you drive from Lichtenstein to Germany, you have to drive a few km through Austria. It's the duty of Austria to control this boarder. They seldom do, and it's known. There are no borders controls between Austria and Germany. No fear, so the the German Federal Police patrol this further going highway and stopping cars and transporters on it (random) and in opposite direction. They catch several thousand drivers each year with several ten thousand each. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel View Post
I am doubtful that EU vigilance will have any effect on off-shore banking in a territory which is outside the EU. I do not expect off-shore banking to disappear in Switzerland or Lichtenstein, or even Monaco and Andorra and Sam Marino. Not to mention Luxembourg.

The best deterrant is likely to be bank crashes which the respective jurisdictions find too big to control, as happened in Cyprus. I doubt if the Cyprus banking sector will ever again be trusted after the "haircuts" which customers, many of them totally innocent and legitimate businesses, were made to suffer there.
They control the money flows via banks. If you can't explain/declare the bill, on which the money is paid for, you are having at least the "Jackass". Even on removal of higher sums of cash.
I'm aware, that system isn't perfect.

For real black money, never saw a bank one can only go with personal controls.

Luxembourg and the Netherlands are special cases.

Don't forget to say
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to your posters, don't just leech, be a member.
Puhbear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Puhbear69 For This Useful Post: